Thursday, April 3, 2008

Dreaming of You

In quiet contemplation
my hand rests on my belly
feeling you shift under the warmth of my touch.

The reality of your life
beginning inside of me
has suddenly overwhelmed my conscious thought.

With every movement
I begin to envision
holding you for the very first time.

Sleep with me
as I am dreaming now
of the moment you arrive at last.- DML*4/3/08


It's still a little bizarre to me sometimes that there is a full grown baby in my stomach.

Maybe as pregnant women, we develop a certain amount of disassociation with our bodies as a defense mechanism in case anything were to go wrong.

You are well aware there is a living being inside of you, the constant kicks and shoves are always a good reminder that they're in there. But it is difficult to completely understand the fact that you created this child and it is now grown and ready to come into the world.

I'm having emotional moments, getting so close to labor. I had one this afternoon when I saw a little foot kick through my tank top. I imagined grabbing his foot and playing with his toes.

By no means will I miss being pregnant, this has pushed every boundary for me physically and emotionally. And yet, even through all of the tears and fear and heartache....I can't say I wouldn't do it again someday.

I am ready for you, baby boy.

3 comments:

Ezraiya said...

We're all ready for you. Good luck to you and Brian's aunt.

Jess said...

I sincerely hope you have that little one in arms by now and, if not, will very, very soon.

Recycled Cha0s said...

I cannot wait to meet him :)
Its strange to look at the ultra sounds now that he's here...he's absolutely beautiful. congrats to you and Brian :)