Sunday, May 25, 2008

Real Life

My first time hungover since September of 2007. I definitely didn't miss this.

Davs spent the night with my parents last night and we went out. It was our friend Maggie's birthday and we started at her party and made our way over to Beta to see James Zabiela. Hands down one of my favorite DJ's. I saw a lot of friends and had a ton of fun hanging out. I ran into a girl who used to be one of my best friends, it was kind of weird seeing her. I was happy about it though, I hope it gives us an excuse to reconnect.

Brian and I came home and slept together in the same bed, all night, for the first time in a long long time.

I was recovering most of the day, but I've been laying on the couch with my little munchkin. I didn't miss him while we were out, but I had a renewed sense of love and appreciation for him this afternoon.

It's true what they say, mommies who get nights off are better mommies.

1 comment:

Ezraiya said...

Yes they are. I'm glad you were able to get out for awhile. Enjoy them while you're out and don't feel bad if you don't miss your child; a wave of relief washes over you when you see them when picking them up.

There's more, but I've got a squealing 18-month-old craving attention. =)