Thursday, July 17, 2008

Happy 3 Months, Davin! (Late again!)


Davin Michael Lucas- 3 Months on 7/7/08
11lbs 8oz, 23"

Davin is now sleeping through the night, every night. He has his routine of eating a lot before bed and then crashing at about 9:30-5:45.

After eating upwards of 40oz a day, the pediatrician asked us to try the rice cereal. I was scared as hell, because of all the studies I had read about starting solids too early. I told her I would try it for one day and see how he did. Since he has more than doubled his birth weight and can now sit in his bumbo-style seat on his own, I figured I'd give it one shot. Needless to say, he did great and we are occasionally giving him cereal. I'm still nervous, but I guess that's what being a mommy is about.

He is already dying to be a "big boy". He has to sit in his big boy chair in the middle of whatever we are doing (next to the computer, on the dinner table, in the middle of the kitchen, etc.)

He bears all his weight on his legs and bounces- he's just DYING to get into his exersaucer but his feet still don't touch the ground! By next month we should be golden :)

He's rolling over back to tummy and tummy to back but not all at the same time.

He loves to talk, coos constantly. Flirts with everyone, I've never seen a baby smile so much.

Since I'm late on this- he has 2 more weeks until his 4 month well baby. Things are looking good!

I don't like updating until I get his monthly photos done and that usually takes upwards of a week...

But here it is, a little late.


No comments: