Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I'm 4 Months Old, Mommy!


Davin Michael
4 Months on 8/7/08
13lbs 2oz, 24"


Davin is growing like crazy. I took him to the pediatrician this past Friday for his 4 month appointment and almost passed out when he started talking about crawling. I know, technically, this his next milestone but I'm not ready for my baby to be mobile! All that bs you hear about, "they grow up so fast"....well it's true. You just can't really imagine it until you have a baby.

He's become even more of a mama's boy and is starting to act shy at some times with certain people. It's weird for his personality, I think he'll grow out of it quite quickly.

He is beginning to reach out and grab toys, put things in his mouth and loves to bounce. The jumperoo is by far his favorite toy. We started sign language yesterday and so far, he just laughs whenever I sign something.

Per the recommendation of others and our ped, he is now eating solids. He had very little chance of developing allergies and has done great so far. After introducing 2 veggies and about 4 fruits, we've had no adverse reactions. It has also helped improve his reflux, mood and volume of intake during the day.

I have begun breaking out of the stereotype mold and meeting other mommies. Although I haven't had much time lately, the hikes and picnics I've gone on have been a godsend to just get out of the house.

4 months down, another 17 years 8 months to go!
(Oh wait, you mean they're still yours at 18? Aw hell)


1 comment:

Recycled Cha0s said...

this pic of Davin makes me smile. Too cute!